|Click to enlarge. Table courtesy of Hammond Law Group Website|
Lyle, RN Labels: immigrant visa for nurses, nurse visa, retrogression update, Visa Bulletin, Visa Retrogression
It's been a while since we last wrote about monthly visa bulletins issued by the American State department here at Pinoy RN. So let's see what's new in the visa front.
The table above shows that in June last year, Filipino nurses waiting since September 15, 2005 (or earlier) were seeing progress in their immigrant petition to work in the United States. Fast forward to today, and we see that the priority dates moved nine (9) months.
While still retrogressed, the monthly visa bulletins show a slow but consistent progress in the processing of nurse petitions.
Just because you can’t be on vacation the entire summer doesn’t mean that you can’t stay fashion forward at work in your medical scrubs! For those of you in the medical field, we’re bringing you some of this summer’s hottest fashion trends and showing you how you can rock these dominant trends while on the job in your scrubs at your hospital or doctor’s office.
Graphic Florals: The floral trend that appeared this spring is still going strong, and these cheery prints on your scrubs are perfect mood-boosters for your co-workers and patients alike:
- UA Scrubs “Forget Me Not White” Round Neck Scrub Top ~ this top is ultra feminine with flower-shaped buttons and lace embroidery trim on the bottom hem. It makes you feel like you are outside in a field of flowers instead of stuck at work!
- Koi Scrubs “Mon Amour” Print Scrub Top ~ this pink and blue floral top is so stylish it blurs the line between regular clothes and scrubs. The pleated neckline and smocked pockets give it girly touches and the background images of postcards and cameras are subtle reminders that your summer vacation is (hopefully) right around the corner!
Flashy Brights: Attention-grabbing neon colors are in stores everywhere this summer’s, the brighter the better! Plus, these bold, “happy” colors give your skin a nice glow so you can easily fake a tan:
- Crocs Scrubs Crossover “Crystal” Top in Kiwi ~This lime green scrub top is as functional as it is fashionable, it has Crocs signature “Croc pockets” for storage and is designed to be ultra flexible to move with you.
- Butter-Soft Scrubs by UA Scallop Neck Top in Picante~ Tangerine was named the Pantone color of the year for 2012 and this bright orange shade is a great way to showcase this trend in your medical uniforms without being overpowering.
Patriotic Prints: What’s summer without a backyard BBQ and fireworks? Between Memorial Day and 4th of July, summer is the time to show your national pride and you can continue that spirit in your scrubs:
- Koi Scrubs “Celebration” Bridgette Top ~ with stars and stripes just like the flag, this scrub top is a classic, complete with a novelty front tie and star shaped beads!
- UA Scrubs “Blast of Stars” Mock Wrap Scrub Top ~ this top brings the fireworks right out of the sky and onto your scrubs and red piping along the mock wrap adds an extra “punch” of color.
For more information, visit http://www.UniformAdvantage.com, your one-stop shop for all of your nursing scrubs and medical uniforms needs. Uniform Advantage is a leading retailer of scrubs and medical uniforms. Founded in 1985, the company operates out of Plantation, Florida and ships from their distribution center near Atlanta, Georgia. It has grown to include 27 scrubs stores located in key cities across the US and Canada, a catalog division and an entity dedicated to the online market.