Registration ends on October 10 in time for the review proper that will start on October 13, 2007. Apart from the on-line registration, the DOLE regional offices and the participating nursing schools are also open for manual registration.
The following are the participating schools and their respective schedule of review classes:
- St. Louis University in Baguio (Oct. 15-21 / Oct. 22-28)
- University of the Philippines-Manila (Oct. 13, 14, 22-26 / Nov. 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10-12)
- University of Sto. Tomas (Oct. 16, 17, 22-27, 29-30 / Nov. 10, 11, 17-19)
- University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (Oct. 29-Nov. 4)
- St. Paul University Manila (Oct. 15-Nov. 18)
- PCU Mary Johnston (Nov. 5-11, 12-18)
- Trinity University of Asia (Oct. 22-28, Oct. 29-Nov. 4 / Nov. 5-11)
- St. Paul University Iloilo (Oct. 22-28)
- Cebu Normal University (Oct. 15-21, 22-28)
- San Pedro College in Davao (Oct. 22-29, 30-31 / Nov. 5-9)
During the first nationwide online and manual registration for the special review program from March 21 until April 4 this year the University of the Philippines College of Nursing served as the national coordinating center.
The Labor Secretary said that the participation of some 23 nursing Centers of Excellence (COEs) and schools nationwide facilitated the successful online and manual registrations of 11,272 voluntary registrants from March 21 until April 4 this year, about three-fourths of whom, or 8,284, attended the special reviews.
Subsequently, some 13,338 of the 17,000 nursing graduates and passers of the NLE 2006, majority of them benefited by the special review, took the June 2007 voluntary retake examinations of the equivalent of Tests III and V, and more than two thirds (68.96 percent or 9,198) successfully passed.
Source: DoLE Information and Publication Service